Hello, I'm Melissa
What started as a fun hobby in 2020 became so much more. As a project management professional, I found food photography as a way visually share the treats and creations I was baking or experimenting with at home, well after they were enjoyed. After coming across tutorial based food photography and a need for experienced talent in the field, I started Edible Shots by Melissa in 2021 after several months of self education and private tutorial sessions. This investment was made to ensure my work will fit the needs of food bloggers, online content creators, restaurants, and brands.
*I am organized, courteous and patient.
*I value generosity and connections.
*I seek to create a joyful living by providing life/work balance and support to my clients and their customers through creating amazing imagery their audience can eat right off the screen.
I've added some fun facts below about me and my family, including my husband who assists in exclusive recipe development. And if you’re interested in working with me, the Investment and FAQ page can address many questions on how to get started. Or jump to the contact/ socials page to get started. I'd love the opportunity to collaborate with YOU!
- I live in Gilbert, AZ with my husband Aaron
- We have six (6) cats, all rescues - Ella, Pinky, Squeaker, Hopper, Cleo and Mocha.
- I gave a Project Management Professional certification, as well as a degree in Hospitality Sales Meeting management
- I volunteer as a Big Sister mentor, matched since 2011 (Hi Cheyanne!)
- I picked up my first DSLR camera Fall of 2013, for a family reunion and have been photographing life ever since
- I can't go a day without watching a Disney/Star Wars/Pixar/Marvel movie
- My favorite foods include Chicken Parmesan, Steak Caesar Salad, and Carrot Cake
- I am a Culinary trained Executive Chef, with over 35 years of industry experience.
- I work as a Key Account Sales manager for a local speciality food distributor serving major markets in Arizona, Colorado, & Washington
- My passion for creating new food started at a young age in providing dinner for family
- In the first years of advancing my career, I moved us to 5 different states in 8 years- RI, CT, MA, SC, AZ
- I enjoy watching movies or sports including Nascar and NFL, and traveling with Melissa (in addition to cooking)
- My favorite foods include Portuguese soup, Pizza Meatloaf, and Lemon Chiffon Cake